Getting ready to take a trip to sunny Turks and Caicos to get away from cold winter? By now its suppose to be Spring but the Ground hog has rudely been lying to us and unfortunately quite a few of you are still left in the cold. To help you get ready for your trip here are a few tips to know before coming here.
First of the country of the Turks and Caicos is made up of more than 40 small islands and cays, with 8 inhabited islands separated into two groups. To the east of the Turks Island Passage are the Turks Islands Grand Turk (nations Capital) and Salt Cay and to the west the Caicos Islands, South Caicos, Middle Caicos, North Caicos, Providenciales, Pine Cay and Parrot Cay.
• ONE MAJOR AIRPORT (PLS) PROVIDENCIALES
– US Dollar
• THREE WAYS OF TRANSPORTATION
– Taxi (most expensive)
– Car Rental (most convenient and useful)
– Jitneys (good from A to B only)
• CELL PHONE
– Sim card cost only $5 and comes with a $5 plan, (Flow) Digicel may vary in price.
– Get $10 plan and you can install 3 day data plan. (Good for using Google map to explore and not get lost)
Steps to take when adding plans to your phone with Flow. Digicel is the same process but you will have to ask what codes they use.
• GROCERY STORE
– Groceries stores in the Downtown area is the cheapest
– Can not buy alcohol beverages on Sundays
– Restaurants Downtown are closed on Sundays
– All major credits cards can be used, some stores don’t accept American Express
– Coming from the beach?
Ladies please wear a cover up and gentlemen a shirt when coming into a store. No need to strut your stuff in the grocery store.
• ISLAND HOPPING
– To go to North & Middle Caicos; you can first catch the TCI Ferry Caribbean Crusin to North Caicos (takes 30 minutes) once there you can drive straight to Middle Caicos. ($50 round-trip)
– Car rental starting at $75 per day
– To go to Grand Turk, Salt Cay and South Caicos you have to fly. There are two local airlines InterCaribbean and Caicos Express. Different flights to Grand Turk and South Caicos; once you reach to Grand Turk you can take a boat to Salt Cay. ($80 round-trip for flight)
These are definitely things we all should know when visiting the Turks and Caicos and I hope this information was very helpful.
Now that you are all good to go to come here you might be wondering what to do? Check out Exploring Middle Caicos I also have a whole series on “thing to do for little to no Money in the Turks and Caicos” on my YouTube channel.
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO TO SEE EPISODE ONE OF THE FOOD SERIES:
PIN ME! ⇣⇣⇣
SHARING IS CARING! IF YOU FOUND THIS HELPFUL, SHARING OR PINNING IS ONE OF THE GREATEST WAYS YOU CAN SHOW SUPPORT! THANK YOU!